Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dreary, Drab March

Perhaps I am expecting too much to hope that March in the Interior of BC might bring some clearer skies and sunnier weather. True, we did have a few dry days last week - and we made the most of them - but the next seven days looks wet, dreary and drab. No doubt, it won't be raining or snowing all the time, there will be some variation in the wetness, but, dreary and drab it is likely to be.

This year, it has been a challenge to get out and ski as much as normal, and the weather hasn't made that any easier. A long series of drab, dreary, wet days with high avalanche hazard means that options are somewhat limited. And, after 10 years of ski touring around Nelson, I am running out of new places to go. Especially when weather and stability are less than cooperative.

Were I one of the many folks who are happy, happiest it sometimes seems, going to the same area again and again, I likely wouldn't mind. But, I find I do crave novelty. I am happiest getting out somewhere new.

Dreary weather to ski tour in




No comments:

Post a Comment