Monday, May 23, 2011

Back At It

Doug and I have been away for almost two months on a skiing and climbing trip. In my more obsessive days, I would try and work-out while we were away - a practice Doug thought foolish at best, laughable at worst. In the dark evening hours, after a full day climbing I would be outside struggling through some futile exercise routine. Now, I'm either older, wiser or perhaps just more feeble; in any event, I don't do that anymore.

But, once you are back home, there's just no excuse for not getting at it. The Crossfit WOD for Friday, May 20, 2011 was 6 rounds for time:
  • 50 Squats
  • 25 Ring dips
I substituted 10 ankles to bar for the ring dips as I am trying to improve my body tension when climbing steep routes (I read on Will Gadd's blog that A2B is a good exercise for this). I finished in 13:45, which I suspect is nowhere near what the real Crossfitters are finishing in, and did the usual Crossfit cool-down which involves collapsing on the ground like a deflated balloon. My legs were shaking for an hour after wards. Preeminent in my mind was the thought that "This is gonna hurt tomorrow" as indeed it did. 

 On the Roofs of Jericho, 5.9, at Prophesy Wall near St George

No comments:

Post a Comment